I want to tell you about something fun that I discovered.
It's called Foodie PenPals.
Remember having a pen pal in elementary school?
It's kinda like that, except you send a box of yummy goodies instead of writing letters.
You send your box of goodies to a new person each month.
This was my first time participating, and I received a box from Alisha Crossley.
I am enjoying all the goodies she sent me, but I have to especially thank Alisha for something.
She introduced me to Biscoff cookies.
I'm in LOVE!!!
I had heard about them, but never bought any and didn't really know what they tasted like.
So, when I got my box I saw this on the back of the Biscoff package...
These were those yummy cookies they used to serve on airplanes!
I loved those cookies! Needless to say, they are almost gone. And I will be finding more.
Foodie Penpals was created by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean.
Would you like to participate?
Here are some specifics:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only.
If you’re interested in participating for September, just CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.