Monday, March 24, 2014

How to Make an Easter Bunny Cake

 
 
If you have two round cake pans, you can make this Easter Bunny Cake.
No shaped pans or extra equipment are required.
It's so easy!

My mother used to make this cake for Easter when I was little.
I made it after I got married, which gave me confidence to create other shaped cakes.
So, this Easter Bunny cake actually started me on my journey into cake decorating!

Ready to begin?
Start with two cooled 9 inch round cakes.



Cut one of your cakes like the picture below...
bow tie in the middle, with two ears on the sides.

You can make your bow tie skinnier than mine,
just make sure that your ears are a matched pair.



You can assemble this cake on a cookie sheet or cake board.
I covered my cookie sheet with purple cellophane first.

Place the bow tie at the bottom of the pan.
Center the round cake directly above the bow tie.
Cut the points off one end of the ears and arrange them above the round cake.


Cover the entire cake with frosting.
Sprinkle some pink sanding sugar on the center of the ears.


Use jelly beans for the ears and nose, and uncooked spaghetti for the whiskers.


For a polka dot bow tie, press candy melts into the frosting.



You can add your own variations with flaked coconut or other kinds of candy.
Dress up your bunny any way you like!



 Happy Easter!

More fun Easter treat ideas...

Easter Egg Mini Cakes
http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2013/03/chocolate-easter-egg-mini-cakes.html

Easter Chick Cupcakes
http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2012/03/adorable-easter-chick-cupcakes.html

  I share my recipes & tutorials at these fun link parties.

This post was featured!

9 comments:

  1. I make this every year with my daughters... the love doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola: me encanta la idea. La prepararé para el cumpleaños de mi sobrino.
    Tienes un blog estupendo.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter was a big holiday at our house & this was always a part of it. My mom always made a jelly bean mouth as well & we added coconut fur & green coconut grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this looks amazing and also very easy to make.. I will have to try it out!

    Cris from http://makeeasycake.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bunny cake! So presh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used spaghetti for the whiskers! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have found your site. Keep up the good work! DB Product Review

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great BIG smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...